Sunday 22 October 2017

Our New Teen

Our New Teen
Blowing Out Her Candle

It seems only yesterday that my first grandchild came into our lives; and, suddenly this delightful young woman has reached the milestone age of thirteen.

We didn't get to spend her actual birthday with our new teen, but she graced us with her presence one lovely afternoon a few days later.

I'd made her two-dozen chocolate cupcakes with vanilla butter-cream icing, to which I added piped chocolate 13's as decoration; and, she dutifully posed for the traditional blowing-out-the-candle photo.

Aging clearly hasn't changed her, rather, it's enhanced the quirky, loving, intelligent, talented and beautiful woman-child we've loved since her birth. I'm blessed to call her my grand-daughter and wish her the happiest of thirteenth birthdays!

XO  Grama